According to a study published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the official journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, patients who underwent face-lift surgery rated themselves as looking an average of 12 years younger after the procedure. As you age, wrinkles, folds, smile lines, and loss of muscle tone appear on the face. The skin loses its elasticity and becomes loose, and fat deposits build up in some areas of your face and decrease in other areas like the cheeks. Performed using advanced technologies, a face lift in NYC is the best way to slow down these signs of aging and achieve a younger looking you.
A face-lift or rhytidectomy slows down the aging process and creates a more youthful facial appearance. The procedure can reduce sagging and folds on the cheeks, imbalances in the distribution of facial fat, a lax jawline, excess fat and loose skin in the neck, and all other changes that occur in your face as a part of aging.
- The procedure reduces all those changes that occurs on your face due to aging leaves your skin firmer, tighter and fresher.
- It redistributes the facial fat and tightens the skin
- Reduces folds, smile lines, wrinkles and saggy skin
- Removes deep creases below the lower eyelid
- Excess fat is removed and tightens the underlying muscles
- Removes jowls that hide your jawline
- Overall improvement for your appearance
- Anesthesia – Depending on the technique used, you will be administered general anesthesia or local anesthesia.
- Options – Based on your needs, your choices include a traditional face-lift, limited incision face-lift, a facelift plus neck-lift.
- Incisions – Incisions made will depend on the techniques used and your preferences
- Closing the incisions – The incision can be closed with a stitch that may dissolve or can be removed after a few days. Some surgeons use skin glues to seal the incisions. After healing the incision lines are well concealed within the natural contours of the face and ear.
- Results -Your results can be seen only after the swelling and bruising subside. Recovery takes normally 2 weeks and for vigorous activity you have to wait for 4 weeks.
Face-Lift in NYC Using Advanced Minimally Invasive Techniques
In leading NYC practices, expert plastic surgeons perform face-lifts using advanced minimally invasive liposuction modalities that do not need large incisions unlike conventional rhytidectomy. The procedure is performed using the following FDA-approved modalities:
- BodyTitle (Radio Frequency assisted)
- SmartLipo Triplex (laser assisted)
- VASERlipo (ultrasound assisted)
The right age for a Face-Lift
It is difficult to pinpoint the right age to have a facelift because people of same age may have different lifestyles with factors such as smoking, diet, sun exposure, etc influencing the aging of the skin. However, if you are at an age of 40 and think that a face lift will help you, then do not wait too long. As you get older, you can still achieve optimal results if you are in good health and physically fit.
Good candidates for face-lift surgery
A face-lift procedure for men will highlight the patient's natural masculine features while a face-lift procedure for women will aim to provide an attractive appearance. If you are the right candidate, you can achieve optimal results from the procedure. Good candidates are:
- People with concerns about sagging, smile lines, wrinkles, etc. due to aging
- Healthy people who do not have medical conditions that impair healing
- People with positive outlook and realistic expectations
Face-lift for Men & Women
After the procedure, a bandage will be placed around your face to minimize swelling and bruising. If there is any excess blood or fluid, small tubes may be placed to draw it off. You will be given instructions to take care the surgical site and drains, medications to apply or take orally, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
Undergoing face lift in NYC is a best solution to reverse signs of aging as naturally as possible. It can make you look younger by leaving your skin firmer, tighter and fresher. NYC plastic surgeons in leading practices have years of experience in performing this procedure using minimally invasive and can provide individualized treatment to meet your goals.